Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Rom Monitor PIX 520

First of all anyone know if there is any way whatsoever that I can get V7 software on a PIX520?

In addition I don't seem to be able to access the ROM Monitor. Unfortunately I don't get a prompt to enter BREAK to interrupt the boot from flash, and the keystroke doesn't work. I can only assume that with this hardware it relies on a boot loader.

thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: Unable to access Rom Monitor PIX 520

Hello,

The PIX 520 does not support version 7 code, just as the 501 and the 506 do not. You can verify that here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_70/70_rn/pix_70rn.htm#wp31988

As far as entering into ROMMON, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the floppy drive and since the PIX 520 is no longer supported, I'm not sure you can get the sw to enter into ROMMON (I can't find anything).

Bryan

Re: Unable to access Rom Monitor PIX 520

Yea...I had read that doc, but was just hoping there was an "unofficial" way of getting it working. I teach a couple of the CCSP courses from the network academy curriculum and the lab equipment is a horrendous cost. So I was just hoping to avoid having to fumble my way along with the old code this term and the expense of upgrading to the ASA5500 series devices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content