cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to update Antivirus pattern from Cisco CSC SSM

limlayhin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco ASA 5520, with Cisco ASA-SSM-CSC-10-K9. ASA version 8.4.3.

Since two days ago, automatic anti-virus pattern update for Cisco CSC SSM failed, error message as below:

AntiVirusPattern : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was unable to verify security information. The local trusted info database is corrupted. Please contact Trend Micro technical support.. The error code is 62.

The license is valid and the subscription is expired on Sep 2014.

Any body encountered similar problem before?

Any body has Trend Micro Cisco CSC SSM helpdesk contact?

I can't find any Trend Micro info for Cisco CSC SSM.

97 Replies 97

Yes, awaiting this new 1142 update. Thank you for working on our issues.

Derick

Applied "Hot Fix Build 6.6.1125.0.1140" to address the "error code 62" security issue.

Now encountering both the "Error code 16" and the "storage is nearly out of space" after applying 1140.

Watching closely for 1142 update.

--Scott

Anxiously awaiting 1142, hourly error 24, error 16, manual copy and out of space errors.

ASA 8.2.2

CSC 6.6.1125.0.1140

Thanks for info. One day everything worked fine with 1140, but today morning I got error code 24. So now I am waiting for 1142.

Small question in advance - can be 1142 installed over 1140 or 1140 should be uninstalled first?

mjlaforge
Level 1
Level 1

Hello -

Is there any status on 1142?  I have 2 ASAs in an Active/Failover model and updated both CSCs to the 1140 patch.  1 CSC will now take updates with no issues.  The other will fail with an out of space error.  The following status email also gets sent: 

Compact Flash storage is nearly out of space on InterScan for CSC SSM. Please contact Customer Support for assistance. 

Thank you.

I currently have a test patch (new build 1144) that I am validating on my side to make sure there are no surprises. Stay tuned.

Thank you for the update.

Derick

Magnus, do we need to uninstall 1140 first???

It will install over 1140 just fine.

Status Update:

2 CSC modules took the 1144 update just fine, and have since reported in, updating their Virus Pattern.

1 CSC module installed the 1144 update and will not boot. Status: Unresponsive

Need to do a recovery on that one CSC module.

So results?: 66% ... Passing grade, but needs improvement.

Good reminder to everyone though to ALWAYS RUN A CONFIG BACKUP before making systems changes.

-Scott

I second that, too bad I didn't see your post Scott before I went head first LOL.

I had to factory load my CSC. re-config wasn't horrible but I found that I did not have my PLUS license anymore. 30 minutes on the phone cured that but boy did I have a nice SPAM leak in that time.

Thanks Magnus for the new update 1144, it installed correctly without any issues or administrator alert notifications so far, I ran manual update twice correctly. File system /dev/hda2 in df -h is also being cleaned correctly now got back 32.8 MB empty space, was nearly full on patch 1140.

One thing I need to ask you, I am running my CSC SSM on 512 MB RAM instead of 1 GB since 1 DIMM got defected about 2 month ago. So far, CSC is behaving good in terms of memory usage. I had some issues after installing patch 1140 but now seems more stable.

Support told us we should change the whole CSC module or at least that's what I understood, isn't there a way to just replace the DIMMs?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Installed fine here.  I did turn off scheduled updates like the readme.txt said to do.  I could not do a manual update, but the scheduled went ok.  The message I received is:

Virus pattern 10.617.00 was successfully downloaded and installed.

Anti-spam pattern 20520 was successfully downloaded and installed.

Unable to copy file . You must manually copy file /opt/trend/isvw/temp/AU/piranhacache/* to path /opt/trend/isvw/lib/mail/cache.

Grayware pattern 1.485.00 was successfully downloaded and installed.

Don't know if this is just a spurious error like you mentioned above Magnus- CSCul25580

Will post again if anything else occurs and Thanks!

Thank you Magnus.

All 3 CSCs appear to be working fine again.

I will check again in the morning.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card