cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unwanted translation in NAT table, is it attack?

yayasolenet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cisco 1811. 2 pppoe connections to the internet.I have denied all the private IP in the acl and applied them to dialer1.

I've been mad by where these nat translation come from? (please see the attachment which has better format). 192.168.99.xx is actually local pool for vpn users. And these IP showed in the nat translation table are not leased out.

But sometimes, not only from 192.168.99.xx, but also 192.168.80.xx,whatever?

Where do these come from?

Thanks in advance.

Lydia

1 Reply 1

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

It may be an attackers IP address. The Rate Limiting NAT Translation feature provides the ability to limit the maximum number of concurrent network address translation (NAT) operations on a router. In addition to giving users more control over how NAT addresses are used, the Rate Limiting NAT Translation feature can be used to limit the effects of viruses, worms, and denial-of-service attacks.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t4/feature/guide/gt_natrl.html#wp1027129

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card