cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading ASA 5510 IOS

michaeljtearle
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently come upon a ticket that requires functionality from a later version of the ASA 5510 IOS Firmware, upon researching how to do this upgrade I got caught in a catch 22 where I am unable to dowload ASDM or the ASA software, apparantly I need a service account? I'm looking at Ciscos software download page and searching ASDM which then brings up links to two pages which are ASA and ASDM. Can anyone verify that I do need a service account or point me in the right direction to get these software components?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

You need Smartnet contract for the ASA. With that, you can regester on cisco website and can download necessary software. Reachout to Cisco auth reseller or your account rep for more details.

hth

MS

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

You need Smartnet contract for the ASA. With that, you can regester on cisco website and can download necessary software. Reachout to Cisco auth reseller or your account rep for more details.

hth

MS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card