Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

user lose session with server while the VPN still established and not disconnected

Hi Experts

i have user connected to office using cisco vpn client , cisco asa 5520 acts as vpn gateway, frequently the users got disconnected from the server while the VPN still established and not disconnected!

what is the cause of the issue , where the fault is located ? how to start the troubleshooting to figure out the issue

thanks

jasmil

1 REPLY

user lose session with server while the VPN still established an

Hello Ibrahim,

Run captures on the ASA Inside interface

capture capin interface inside trace  match tcp/udp host x.x.x.x(Remote_client_local_pool_ip) host y.y.y.y ( internal host_ip) eq (tcp or udp port)

then create an ASP capture ( will show all the packets being dropped by the Accelerated Security Path {Algorithm used by the ASA}) With this we will be able to determine if the ASA is dropping the packets.

capture asp type asp-drop all circular-buffer

Then install wireskark on the server an run a capture while the VPN user connects, create a filter for the remotevpn ip address and check what happens ( witch messages you see ) when the user experiments the issue.

You can provide the

-Show cap capin

-Show cap asp | include x.x.x.x (Remote_client_local_pool_ip)

-The wireshark capture

''All of this after a connection was made and the issue was seeing)

Regards,

CSC it's a free support community take your time to rate all the engineer's responses that help you resolving your problems.

Julio

Looking for some Networking Assistance? Contact me directly at jcarvaja@laguiadelnetworking.com I will fix your problem ASAP. Cheers, Julio Carvajal Segura http://laguiadelnetworking.com
Views
Helpful
Replies