Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

using IP "aliases" on ASA5505

Is it possible to use IP "aliases" on an ASA5505 to use as static NAT public IPs to private IPs?  For example, I have int e0/0 connected to my ISP using a /30 subnet and I have my private LAN connected to e0/1 with a /24 subnet.  At the moment I can use the one usable IP from the /30 to NAT to the private LAN.  The ISP is also routing a /28 subnet to the one public IP of the ASA.

I would like to use some of the /28 IPs for NAT also.  Can it be as easy as just adding the NAT commands? I figure I would have to add that subnet to the ASA somehow, no?  In other devices (including the SA520) they use a concept called IP aliases whereby you define what additional IPs the device can use in its NAT config.  Does the ASA support aliases?  Maybe I have to do something with VLANs?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Diego

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

As long as the ISP is routing them to you, you can simply use them in your static/nat commands. No other special configuration is required.

2 REPLIES
Green

As long as the ISP is routing them to you, you can simply use them in your static/nat commands. No other special configuration is required.

Cool!  I will try it and let you know.

Thanks,

Diego

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content