cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

using IP "aliases" on ASA5505

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

Is it possible to use IP "aliases" on an ASA5505 to use as static NAT public IPs to private IPs?  For example, I have int e0/0 connected to my ISP using a /30 subnet and I have my private LAN connected to e0/1 with a /24 subnet.  At the moment I can use the one usable IP from the /30 to NAT to the private LAN.  The ISP is also routing a /28 subnet to the one public IP of the ASA.

I would like to use some of the /28 IPs for NAT also.  Can it be as easy as just adding the NAT commands? I figure I would have to add that subnet to the ASA somehow, no?  In other devices (including the SA520) they use a concept called IP aliases whereby you define what additional IPs the device can use in its NAT config.  Does the ASA support aliases?  Maybe I have to do something with VLANs?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Diego

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

As long as the ISP is routing them to you, you can simply use them in your static/nat commands. No other special configuration is required.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

As long as the ISP is routing them to you, you can simply use them in your static/nat commands. No other special configuration is required.

Cool!  I will try it and let you know.

Thanks,

Diego

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card