Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client problem

pjhenriqs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have configured a remote access VPN for a customer which has a BT router at home.

The BT router assigns an address in the DHCP pool 192.168.1.0/24 to the customers laptop.

The VPN assigns an address in the VPN pool 192.168.100.0/24.

The 192.168.1.0/24 is also a subnet on his internal LAN.

Now, I believe that this 192.168.1.0/24 might be the problem why the customer can only access the internal network and not the Internet (I have split tunneling enabled).

I have asked the customer to change either of the sites but he says that there must be another solution.

Does anyone know of any other solution? I am using NAT transparency because there are too many servers on the internal network to use static NAT through the VPN.

Thanks in advance.

P

1 Reply 1

mfreijser
Level 1
Level 1

This is a problem that i'm starting to see more often; same subnets in use at home-users and the corporate LAN.

I personally have found no solution for this problem, for as far as i know is this only possible with a LAN-2-LAN tunnel. See the following page for the solution for the same problem with a LAN-2-LAN tunnel:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800b07ed.shtml

Regards,

Michael

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card