Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Traffic Crawls through CX Module

danimalrambo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently reverted from 9.2.1.2-50 to 9.2.1.1-48 because 9.2.1.2-50 introduced a bug that was crashing my data plane. After the code rollback traffic was very sluggish through the CX. It appears that the more traffic being sent to it the worse it gets. I've disabled my policies 1 by 1 and trying to isolate an issue with the config. I do not have decryption policies in place and I'm using the ADA for identity purposes. Also, default HTTP inspection on the ASA is disabled.

Anyone else seen problems like this? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-Dan

6 Replies 6

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dan,

I've found that rebooting the CX module usually fixes performance problems. Give it a try and let us know.

That is the first thing I tried... I also tried disabling all my policies and only turning one policy on at a time to try to identify if a certain policy was triggering the slowness. I also changed my service policy to limit the amount and type of traffic I was sending to the CX. Even with one computer sending TCP to the CX I replicated the slowness issues.

I have not found much on info on troubleshooting those things yet, just learning as I go. Sorry I couldn't more help.

I know you just downgraded to 48, but there is a bug in there-

CSCul24749 CX 9.2.1.1(48) High Memory Utilization and Slowness

How does the memory utilization look?

according to the GUI my memory utilization is a solid 80%. This has been the case no matter what code I have installed. I was told by TAC that that is normal operation...

I wiped my config last night and rebuilt the CX. The problem persists. Maybe this is a hardware or OS issue????

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card