Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

What IOS gets me zone-based firewall instead of CBAC?

I'm trying to study for the CCNA Security test and need to be able to setup zone based firewalls instead of CBAC. I have tried all of these images and when the SDM loads (v2.5) it has CBAC firewall, not zone-based:

c1700-adventerprisek9-mz.124-23.image

c1700-advsecurityk9-mz.124-15.T9.image

c2600-adventerprisek9_ivs-mz.124-25b.image

c2600-advsecurityk9-mz.124-15.T9.image

c2600-advsecurityk9-mz.124-25b.image

c3745-adventerprisek9-mz.124-25.image

c3745-advsecurityk9-mz.124-15.t3.image

c3745-advsecurityk9-mz.124-23.image

According to the Cisco IOS locator tool zone-based firewalls were released in 12.4(6)T6 so that would be the minimum IOS release. All of these are later releases but none of them are working. When SDM (v2.5) loads it states Firewall (CBAC). Any thoughts?

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES

Hello.

Ok so the SDM is version 2.5 ( ZBFW is supported from 2.4) so the SDM supports it!!

Now regarding the IOS version since Cisco IOS® Software Release 12.4(6)T Zone-Based Policy       Firewall is supported.

Can you try this one :

c1841-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T15.bin

Regards,

Julio

Looking for some Networking Assistance? Contact me directly at jcarvaja@laguiadelnetworking.com I will fix your problem ASAP. Cheers, Julio Carvajal Segura http://laguiadelnetworking.com

I do not have access to c1841-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T15.bin so I cannot try it.

Hello,

You can open  a TAC case and one of my co-workers would be more than glad helping you doing that for you.

Regards,

Julio

Looking for some Networking Assistance? Contact me directly at jcarvaja@laguiadelnetworking.com I will fix your problem ASAP. Cheers, Julio Carvajal Segura http://laguiadelnetworking.com
Views
Helpful
Replies