Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

What is the purpose of ASAv and differences from physical?

Hello dear friends! 

I'm a beginner in networking.  I have got a task in my FIRST job to find out about ASAv: what is the necessary for installing, what's requirements for hardware, soft ware and so on.  But I don't know anything about ASAv. I've red some materials already but now I have some questions:

1. What is the purpose of ASAv? 
  2. What is the difference between ASAv and physical ASA, except that one is virtual?(purposes, functions and so on)
  3. What is the matter to implement ASAv, why/when/where is it necessary use ASAv? 

Thank! :) 

PS Sorry by my English, it isn't my the best skill. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1. if you have some virtual

1. if you have some virtual servers in wmvare and you want to protect some servers from another so you need virtual asa in wmvare

2 REPLIES

Hi, ASAv is a virual

Hi,

ASAv is a virual appliance which is developed for a multi-tenant environment.... to secure your tenant edge or infra..... it is completely virtual, which is integrated say asa 1000v is integrated with nexus 1000 device..... all you do is a port group created for ach segments say inside network with a group of VM's attached to it and outside with a port or a port group..... all the process will run through the service-interface, which does everything we do in a Data centre security.....

The main advantage i say.... it is multi-optional, cost-effective and rreduced hardware requirement.....  moreover its a software defined network..... which is the future technology which is going to drive this networking world....

For getting more information.... you can go through the getting started guide for asa virtual appliance for more information on detailed architecture, advantage and limitations.....

Regards

Karthik

1. if you have some virtual

1. if you have some virtual servers in wmvare and you want to protect some servers from another so you need virtual asa in wmvare

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content