cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the SSL VPN throughput performance on ASA 5505?

Wintel_Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

The Maximum 3DES/AES VPN throughput on ASA 5505 is 100Mbps, what is the SSL VPN throughput performance on ASA 5505?

Any 64 or 512 byte Packets per second(PPS) value on ASA 5505 SSL VPN?

6 Replies 6

Thanks for your reply.

But I can't find any ASA 5505 SSL VPN throughput performance in this link.

The datasheets indicate that you can have:-

1) VPN Throughput Up to 100 Mbps

2) IPsec VPN Peers 10; 25**
3) SSL VPN Peer License Levels* 2, 10, or 25

** Upgrade available with Cisco ASA 5505 Security Plus license

So now it's a math issue - devide 100mbps by the number of SSL or L2L connections and you will have your thru-put number.

HTH>

The "VPN Throughput Up to 100 Mbps" in datasheets is IPSec VPN (AES) Throughput not the SSL VPN Throughput, and I can't find the SSL VPN Throughput in Cisco document.

Indeed - so you can asume the following:

1) The 100mbps will devided by the ammount of con-current SSL connections

2) But the 100mbps must be shared with any other type of VPN connection

3) But is also limited to internet circuit speed on the device itself and the remote end.

So how many SSL users will you have?

How many current VPN's do you currently have?

As I know the SSL VPN throughput performance is much lower than IPSec VPN (AES), sometimes the SSL VPN only can get 10~20% of IPSec VPN performance, so I want to confirm what is the SSL VPN performance on ASA 5505.

My internet connect speed (ISP speed) is 50Mbps on both main and remote office, and I want the ASA 5505 can provide over 40Mbps SSL VPN throughput on both site, but most of entry level router can't provide more than 20Mbps SSL VPN throughput even they can provide 100Mbps IPSec VPN throughput.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card