cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is the crashinfo file in the ASA filesystem?

csitss999
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Our Cisco 5550 rebooted today and we can see there is some crashinfo with the command:

show crashinfo

However, the text output is very long and I'd like to copy this file onto my PC rather than looking through the serial port session. I can't seem to see any actual file called crashinfo on the ASA filesystem. Can anyone tell me if this file exists and where it can be founf and its name?

Many thanks in advance

Ashley

Cambridge

UK

8 Replies 8

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's normally on disk0. You can type dir all-filesystems and it will show all your file systems.

Hope that helps.

Hi Colin

Thanks for the tip. Yes, that is where I thought the file would be but I cannot see it. I've used the ASDM file manager function to browse the drive and also the serial connection. I can see the various ASDM and software revisions, but that's all.

Ashley

I guess by default this feature is diabled to save to the flash

You can try to use the commands below

config t

no crashinfo console disable

no crashinfo save disable

What is your crashinfo configuration?

As Pravin stated no crashinfo save disable will save the crasinfo to flash.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/command/reference/c4.html#wp2144486

The command:

show crashinfo save

says:

crashinfo save enable

Which as I understand it, should save it to a file, which is why I'm a little confused.

I agree it's confusing. If you check the link, it states To disable crash information from writing to Flash memory, use the crashinfo save command in global configuration mode. To allow the crash information to be written to Flash memory, and return to the default behavior, use the no form of this command.. Scroll up on the link above and you will see more info on configuring crashinfo.

Ah-hah. What a lovely bit of logic. Why use a single positive statement when a double-negative can do the same thing!

Thanks for your help, much appreciated. Now if it does crash again, things should be easier to sort out.

Ashley

hi all

i am working in a company and managing firewall ASA 5512-x,

there is a reboot after 3 days

i have issued show crashinfo 

and it gives me a long detail

can some one tell me,what can be that issue

pls its urgent 

thank u so much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card