Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

which ASA is good to me? few questions

I'm looking into 5505 but need some help clarifying the terms Cisco use on the specs\licensing:

X-user bundle - this is the number of LAN users (or different internal IPs) that can access the firewall?

IPsec VPN peers - this is for site-to-site only or internet connections too? if it can be used for internet VPN, how is it different from the 2 SSL VPN peers?

is it true that without the Security Plus license DMZ is disabled?

here is what I need:

50 LAN users

5 VPN connections over the internet

5 site-to-site

4 incoming connections (2 main T1s, 1 backup T1 and a Vendor VPN appliance - all connect today to a DMZ switch)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: which ASA is good to me? few questions

for example if you purchase 10 user bundle licenses, it means that the ASA can only build xlate connection (allow connection) for only 10 ip addresses and no more.

i suggest you go for

ASA 5505 Unlimited User Software license - ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K8.

The ASA5505 will give you 150Mbps through -put, maximum 10 site-site VPN connections, and 25 remote access vpn session and i believe you get 8 integrated prts with 2 POE ethernet ports.

Francisco.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Design guides describe how to plan, install, and configure a Cisco product.

Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances Design document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/tsd_products_support_design.html

for example if you purchase 10 user bundle licenses, it means that the ASA can only build xlate connection (allow connection) for only 10 ip addresses and no more.

i suggest you go for

ASA 5505 Unlimited User Software license - ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K8.

The ASA5505 will give you 150Mbps through -put, maximum 10 site-site VPN connections, and 25 remote access vpn session and i believe you get 8 integrated prts with 2 POE ethernet ports.

Francisco.

thanks.

these numbers look good: unlimited IPs, 10 site-to-site & 25 remote VPNs will do it for me

does it have any expanding options if at some point (doesn't seem realistic any time soon but nice to have) I'll need additional connections?

does this version include the Plus software?

if you need more firewall or vpn through-put, i suggest you upgrade to higher model.

see this for ASA's comparison

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/product_data_sheet0900aecd802930c5.html

Please rate if this helps

Views
Helpful
Replies