Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Why choose Cisco ASA 5500 series as the best choice to protect networking

Through the Cisco MPF, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series brings a new level of security and policy control to applications and networks. MPF enables highly customizable, flow-specific security policies that have been tailored to application requirements. The performance and extensibility of the Cisco ASA 5500 Series is enhanced through user-installable SSMs.

This adaptable architecture enables businesses to rapidly deploy security services when and where they are needed, such as tailoring inspection techniques to specific application and user needs or adding additional intrusion prevention and content security services such as those delivered by the Adaptive Inspection and Prevention (AIP) and Content Security and Control (CSC) SSMs. Furthermore, the modular hardware architecture of the Cisco ASA 5500 Series, along with the powerful MPF, provides the flexibility to meet future network and security requirements, extending the outstanding investment protection provided by the Cisco ASA 5500 Series and allowing businesses to adapt their network defenses to new threats as they arise. ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9 is an famous used cisco firewall.

1 REPLY

Why choose Cisco ASA 5500 series as the best choice to protect n

Hello Bejiening,

At the end  the firewall you need to get it will all depend in the  following information:

• The amount of traffic will go through the ASA FW (Mbps per second, connections per second)
  • The type of protection you will need to apply to the traffic.

This because if you are looking for a Next Generation Firewall (be able to handle Application traffic like no one else) you will need to look at something like the ASA 5500X series with the CX module or another Firewall Vendors (Palo Alto FW for example).

In my personal opinion ASA Firewalls 5500 series are amazing and provide all the security you need from layer 2-3-4 and a little bit of layer 7 so it's always a Top ASA Firewall.

Looking for some Networking Assistance?

Contact me directly at jcarvaja@laguiadelnetworking.com

I will fix your problem ASAP.

Cheers,

Julio Carvajal Segura
http://laguiadelnetworking.com

Looking for some Networking Assistance? Contact me directly at jcarvaja@laguiadelnetworking.com I will fix your problem ASAP. Cheers, Julio Carvajal Segura http://laguiadelnetworking.com
Views
Helpful
Replies