cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XBOX Live NAT Issue

nordica300
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased the new Cisco Valet Plus (M20) router.  Trying to get all the settings created for my xbox.  I created a static IP address for the xbox and opened the following ports:

53        Both

80        TCP

88        UDP    

3074     Both

And enabled the UPnP

After all this I still receive the NAT issue when I test the XBOX Live connection.  Is there anything additional I need to setup in the port forwarding or elsewhere?

3 Replies 3

kenrandrews
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately it seems that you have covered the basics correctly. I would try two other things, try it with UPnP disabled, I vaguely remember this being an issues with Linksys routers so maybe it will apply. The second is that you can put the xbox into the DMZ. I can't seem to find any instructions on this, but it should be fairly straight forward.

On a side not I imagine that when you say you configured the Static IP that you did this on the xbox and not just the router. Sorry I know its a stupid question, but I have to ask because it looks like you did everything right.

Also how bad is the NAT moderate or strict?

I am not sure about the router, but the ASA will not support uPnP.

Do you see it work if you disable it?

PK

Larry,

Sorry that we've not been able to give you a definite answer just yet, but we'll definitely continue to help you troubleshoot.  Here's a link that I found - you may have already covered this:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54GS/Xbox_Live_360.htm

This link is designed for the Linksys WRT54GS, but I trust alot of the configuration will be similar.  Here is the official Microsoft KB link that references this website:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874

I did notice on the bottom of the 'portforward' link, there is a tool that says it will allow you to confirm that you have ports opened correctly - maybe that will help out?  I'm not sure about the quality of the software and/or entirely how it works - but it may be another tool in the toolbox.

I had a similar situation to this a few years ago - I remember our analysis made us start to think that it may have to do with the source port as well (does Xbox require the query to come from a certain source port?).  I'm not sure about this - can anyone comment?

Any information or lessons learned, Larry, please be sure to let us know!

Hope this helps,

Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card