Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ZBF self zone and IPSec/L2TP dialin

Hi,

I have a router that has a IPSec / L2TP dial in VPN and uses zbf for firewalling, including the self zone.

The same router also has VTI gre/ipsec tunnels to other sites.

For the static VTI GRE/IPsec tunnel, I had to allow isakmp and esp to/from the routers, but I didn't have to allow GRE. It appears that since the GRE traffic is 'encapsulated' within IP sec and belongs to a SA, the GRE to/from the router is 'passed' without any more intervention. (which is fine by me, because I only want IPSec encapsulated gre traffic and _not_ 'raw' one).

Now for the L2TP VPN that's not the case. I have to allow connection from my WAN zone to self on the L2TP UDP port ... and I find it annoying because I can't differentiate between L2TP traffic that _was_ IPSec protected and L2TP traffic that wasn't IPSec protected (and so someone could start a L2TP session without setuping a IPSec protection).

So in ZBF is there a way to allow L2TP traffic only when it was encapsulated in IPSec ?

Cheers,

Sylvain

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content