Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Zone Base Forewall for VPN connections does not work after IOS upgrade

Hi all,

We use cisco router 2911 as corporate gateway - there is Zone Based Firewall implemented - I upgraded IOS to last version (15.2(2)T1) - originaly version 15.1(4)M1 - to solve issue with Anyconnect connections (bug CSCtx38806) but I found that after upgrade the VPN users are not able to communicate with sources in other zones.

More specific

WebVPN use this virtual template interface

interface Virtual-Template100

description Template for SSLVPN

ip unnumbered GigabitEthernet0/1.100

zone-member security INSIDE

There are other zones VOICE, LAB, ...

In the policy any connection is allowed (used inspection of icmp, tcp and udp) from INSIDE zone to VOICE or LAB zone

After VPN connection I am able to reach resources in INSIDE zone (which is the most important), but not in other zones. Before upgrade it worked.

Once I changed zone in Virtual-Template interface to VOICE, I was able to reach sources in VOICE zone but not in any other. I searched more and found the stateful firewall is not working for connections from VPN as ping is blocked by policy on returning way - it means by policy VOICE->INSIDE, once I allowed communication from "destination" zone to INSIDE zone - the connections started to work, but of cause it is not something I want to setup.

Does anybody has the same experiance?

Regards

Pavel

1 REPLY

Zone Base Forewall for VPN connections does not work after IOS u

It seems to me I should add one importatant note - if client is connected directly in INSIDE zone, he can reach resources in other zones without any issue - so the problem is only when the client is connected by VPN - not in ZBF policy setup.

Pavel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content