Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

IOS Upgrade - Bug dhcp relay

linuxtik
Level 1
Level 1

Good everyone,

I am currently found a problem with a Cisco 870. The router has 24MB of flash, the IOS to prevent the dhcp relay bug, has a size of about 25MB ...

Now I understand that I will have to buy a flash card to increase memory ... and ¿SDRAM?

I do not understand after having paid a lot of money for a product, that because I have a bug for its programming I should spend more money updating the memory.

How much can I cost a 16M flash card for this model? MEM870-16M

Regards.

1 RESPUESTA 1

Hi

Apologies to hear that, but in the most of cases the recent IOS releases have other MB size because they include new features to be aligned to new technologies or protocols and they include improvements/fixes that previous images don't have that is the reason to increase the size. Now you can acquire a compact flash with more capacity usually, it is low cost. My suggestion is contact an authorized Cisco Partner to know the costs depending of the Compact Flash size. 

The following link can be useful to meet the capacity supported or hardware requirements:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/800/hardware/notes/800upgrd.html

Also I recommend verify the hardware required for a new Image before to upgrade. 

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<