Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

1760 router and 1242 UWGB

cisco aironet 1242 AP - configured as universal workgroup bridge

cisco 1760 router

I have a problem using a 1760 router with a 1242 uwgb, the 1242 is connected to the internet, int f0/0 on the router is connected by cable to the 1242, the 1242 demands a mac address to work but it seems the 1760 will not provide one that works. If I connect the 1242 directly to a pc and enter the pc's mac address into the uwgb the internet connection works fine. The 1760 has a WIC-4ESW 4-Port Switch Card fitted, I have traffic going into the WIC-4ESW and out of Intf0/0. This config works fine and I've tested it with a modem connected to int f0/0.

If I do show int f0/0 on the 1760 it displays the mac address and I enter this into the 1242. But when booting the 1242 the config says:

'Configured Universal MAC Address is not present in the Bridge Table

Device will associate using BVI's mac address'

do I have to do something to get the 1760 to give the mac address? I've tried giving the router intf0/0 a different mac address but that didn't work.

thanks for any pointers.

• Getting Started with LANs
2 REPLIES

thanks for your response but I could find nothing at that link that helps me solve this problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies