Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

2514 bandwidth limitations

Hi, I had setup a lab in which I had a 2514 router connected to my cable modem for internet access. When i did this, the most I could download through it was about 2Mbps, on the 10Mbps cable line (and 10Mbps AUI port). I was just wondering if this is all due to hardware limitations- being 10BaseT half duplex AUI interface? - or could it be a combination of issues. I dont have the config for the router anymore, just wondering what the most likley cause of only getting about 20% of throughput. I had tried playing with QoS policy maps and max-reserved bandwidth settings, but to no avail.

***Cliffs notes: Should i expect maximum throughput of a 2514 10BaseT ethernet port to be about 2Mbps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Re: 2514 bandwidth limitations

The attached documents shows the 2500 series good for only about 2 Mbps with 64 byte packets. I still use a 2501 for TTCP tests which I've seen top out at about 5 Mbps (using the 10 Mbps AUI port).

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

The attached documents shows the 2500 series good for only about 2 Mbps with 64 byte packets. I still use a 2501 for TTCP tests which I've seen top out at about 5 Mbps (using the 10 Mbps AUI port).

Perfect, thanks for the quick reply!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content