cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2516 problem sending break command

philsetzer
Level 1
Level 1

I have just aquired two cisco 2516 routers. I am trying to perform a password recovery/reset. I am trying to follow the procedures in document ID 12722, however I notice that there are several aspects of the router that are disabled in the configuration, such as BREAK, diagnostic mode, etc. What is the best way to perform a password recovery when the standard methods will not work.

My apologies if this is not the forum for this type of question.

I have tried with terraterm secure crt hyperterm as well as putty. None of them can send the break commnad, I have even tried setti ng the baud to 1200 and holding the spacebar for 10-15seconds to force it into ROMmon, however that doesnt work either. Is it pointless to keep trying if all these modes are disabled or is there a physical workaround, IE jumpers, or a battery on the motherboard I can remove to clear the nvram?

Thank you and many blessings to your day.

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Philip,

try CTRL+Break from hyperterminal use standard values 9600 bps

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Standard Break Key Sequence Combinations During Password Recovery

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps133/products_tech_note09186a0080174a34.shtml

Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: