Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

3750G interfaces

Hi

I have a quick question, i have to deploy a 3750G switch to one of our sites and the interfaces are reading as if the switch was in a stack previously.

when i go to sh run all the interfaces come up as 2/0/1 - 2/0/24.This switch will not be in a stack so shouldn't the interfaces start with 1/0/1. And if

i need to change them what command would i use to correct this or is this something i shouldn't worry about.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: 3750G interfaces

Scooter,

This is most likely because the switch was stack member 2 the last time the 3750 was joined to a stack.  If you wish to change the switch so it is once again stack member 1 you can use the following command in the global configuration mode:

switch 2 renumber 1

This command will take effect next time the device is reloaded.   For more information about stack member numbers, follow the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1112897

Regards,

BK

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Scooter,

This is most likely because the switch was stack member 2 the last time the 3750 was joined to a stack.  If you wish to change the switch so it is once again stack member 1 you can use the following command in the global configuration mode:

switch 2 renumber 1

This command will take effect next time the device is reloaded.   For more information about stack member numbers, follow the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1112897

Regards,

BK

Community Member

i used this command "switch 2 renumber 1 " and now when i look i have interfaces 1/0/1 - 1/0/24 and 2/0/1 - 2/0/24.

Did I  input the command correctly

Community Member

I just did a wr erase and it fixed the problem, thanks for your help

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content