Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

857 wireless ISR

I have installed several 857w ISR's and find that the wireless tends to be very flaky. I have now got one set-up in a lab environment and find that the wireless connection varies in quality even when I am right next to it. Often the link drops completely. I have tried different versions of IOS but nothing seems to solve it. Has anyone else had this problem and was there any resolution?

4 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: 857 wireless ISR

Hello,

can you specify what problems you are running into (e.g. slow web access) ? Also, can you post the configuration of your 857 router ?

Regards,

GP

Hi

The problem is that the wireless seems to fluctuate right across the board. 1mbps - 54mbps and sometimes nothing. I will post the config in the morning as I have it running in a lab at home.

VIP Purple

Hello,

in any case, check if there is some sort of electromagnetic interference, such as mobile or wireless phones. Also, do you use WEP encryption ? Possibly, if your router is not secured, somebody else might be 'stealing' your bandwidth...

Regards,

GP

There is a wireless phone in the same office but I have never had a problem when using a Linksys AP. Both are using wep.

Views
Helpful
Replies