i have ASA5505 and a Linksys router. The question is how can i build a VPN tunnel between them?
I have installed DD-WRT
Standard Generic and VPN Generic on the router. I made a VPN tunnel in the ASA with the Wizard Site-to-site VPN but i don't know what i should do next? Should i connect the router with openVPN or what?
ASA VPNs support two primary methods of establishing VPNs: IPSec and SSL WebVPN. Typically, the IPSec tunnels are used to establish static point-to-point VPNs (bridging two networks, for example) and the WebVPN is intended for client remote access.
To setup VPN on DD-WRT following are the steps.
Connect to your router. For that you have to put in your browser the ipaddress. Also you have to set your network connection to obtain IP address automatically if you connect to your router via Ethernet.
Configure your DD-WRT router to share your regular internet connection.
Go to “Setup” -> “Basic Setup” . On “Connection type” select PPTP (or L2TP). For “Use DHCP” select “Yes”. In the “Gateway (PPTP Server)” field enter the IP address of the server you want to connect to. In the “Username” field enter your username you have received from CactusVPN. In the “Password” field enter your VPN password. For “PPTP Encryption” select “Enable”. For “STP” select “Disable”.
4. Below at “Optional Settings” change “MTU” to “Manual” and enter 1460 as value you can change as per requirements.
Enter an IP address for the DD-WRT access point.
5. Enable DHCP Server and make sure all 3 boxes are NOT checked: “Use DNSMasq for DNCP”, “Use
DNSMasq for DNS” and “DHCP-Authoritative”.
Click on “Apply settings”.
6. Go to “Security” tab -> “Firewall” set “Disable” for “SPI Firewall” .
7. Now go to “VPN Passthrough” tab and select “Enable” for “PPTP Passthrough” then click on “Apply
8. Go to “Administration” tab, on the bottom of the page you will find “Reboot router” button – click it. After router
reboots it should connect to VPN automatically.
9. To check the connection status go to “Status” -> “WAN” . If next to “Login status” is written
“Connected” then connectin is set up succesefully. If not click to connect wait for abut 30 seconds and check if your
[toc:faq]The ProblemOn traditional switches whenever we have a trunk
interface we use the VLAN tag to demultiplex the VLANs. The switch needs
to determine which MAC Address table to look in for a forwarding
decision. To do this we require the switch to do...
[toc:faq]Introduction:Netdr is a tool available on a RSP720, Sup720 or
Sup32 that allows one to capture packets on the RP or SP inband. The
netdr command can be used to capture both Tx and Rx packets in the
software switching path. This is not a substitut...
IntroductionOSPF, being a link-state protocol, allows for every router
in the network to know of every link and OSPF speaker in the entire
network. From this picture each router independently runs the Shortest
Path First (SPF) algorithm to determine the b...