cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot ping a PC (on a hub) from 3750 switch

William Burgess
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PC that is connected to a port on a 3com hub. The 3com hub is connected to the 3750 (layer 2) with portfast disabled. The 3750 has a management address of 10.19.19.10 and is connected to a 2500 router ethernet interface that has a primary IP(10.19.19.1) and a secondary IP address (10.19.18.1).

When connected in this config I cannot ping the PC (10.19.19.11) from the switch and I cannot ping the switch or router from the PC. I know I must be missing something simple as I have done this before.

5 Replies 5

CSCO10892433
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Would you please tell us what the default-gateway settings of your PC and the 3750 are? Thanks.

SSLIN

The default gateway of the PC is 10.19.19.1. I have no default on the switch.

Hieu Cao
Level 4
Level 4

Is the IP address of your pc static or dynamic from DHCP? If you connect another computer to the same or different port in the 3Com hub, can you ping the router and switch and vice versa?

If your pc is connecting directly to the 3750 switch, can you ping the switch and router from the pc and vice versa?

If you're using windows xp, try disabling the firewall and test ping again.

hieu

The PC IP is static. When directly connected to the switch I can ping the switch and the router and vice versa.

Disabling the firewall did not help.

Connecting another PC to the hub, both the same and different ports, received the same results.

This issue resolved. Problem was with the 3com hub.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card