Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2950 question

digbycolm
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I need some assistance in how to get internet access accross my LAN. I have attached an image so you can see my system. I have internet access coming from the ourside and into my office and that is available via data port one on the bottom part of the rack. Currently I do not have anything plugged into that so obviously I dont have internet. To the right of that I have my phone lines, and the white cables above are all the phone lines. My question is how do I get the intnert access available in data port one to be available to all my network sockets?

Thanks

Colm

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I feel you are not using any router over there and hope the links is through ethernet drop.

If thats the case then you need to manually setup a proxy server to get your internet access enabled.

If you need more assistance do post more details about your network.

regds

Thanks for the response. The setup we have is that the internet comes to data port one via copper ethernet I think. A seperat company then setup our internal lan. So now I am a bit lost as to how to join the two so that I can access the internet accross the lan. in the image you can see the top 3 routers all elad to wall sockets, the bloack one at the bottom are the link to the outside. Currently the catalyst 2950 is not connected to either so I assumed it was the link between the two? Is this the case? If yes how is it connected to the outside internet?

Cheers

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card