cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3500 XL IOS 12, with VoIP (2 vlan on ports issue)

serono-fr1
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i tried to setup a catalyst 3500 XL to run with VoIP.

I need on a port to TAG 2 VLAN (link to the backbone), and on the others to tag one VLAN (voice one) and untagged the data vlan.

unfortunately, through the web interfcae and through the IOS command i could not setup this configuration.

have any idea?

BR,

Laurent Viollet

IOS (tm) C3500XL Software (C3500XL-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5.1)XP, MAINTENANCE IN

TERIM SOFTWARE

3 Replies 3

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

The uplink to the other switch where you want all the vlans tagged:

conf t

int fa x/x

switch

switch trunk dot1q native vlan 99 >> vlan 99 is a dummy vlan that is not used for any data or voice, we just use this to make sure all is tag since native vlan in dot1q is not tagged with vlan id.

int fa x/x

switchport

switchport trunk dot1 native vlan 2 >> the data vlan.

Please rate helpful posts.

hi bosalaza,

a minor correction to post i think we don't have to use switchport command in 3550 XL though it's all port bydefault L2.

and one more thing that

we could have two case

1- Voice vlan + data vlan

2- any two vlan

3- trunk with native vlan

where do we use vlan 0 in this case

Thanks in advance.

vlan 0 does not exist, it cannot be created. I don't understand what you meant by 1, 2, and 3. XL does not support "voice vlan", you have to use trunk:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c2900xl/2935wc15/ol256211.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: