cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ccna and ccnp lab

cisco steps
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to learn cisco, and found a lab for sale the price is $700, and below are the router and switch that comes with , is any one can be kind and tell me if this is good price.. thanks

3x Cisco 2600 Routers

5x seriel WICs

1x Cisco 2501 Router wth 1 seriel and 1 ethernet port

2x 2924L Cisco 24 port 10/100 Switch

1x 2924 XL Cisco 24 port 10/100 switch

6x Console cables, mounting screws and clips

3x DTE/DCE cables

Telecom Rack for mounting Routers and Switch

9 Replies 9

That sounds like a good deal!!

It would be nice if the routers come with enough memory/flash to run the latest IOS image.

HTH

Sundar

is 2601 router w/ ios 11.5 good for the lab..thanks

That's a really old code. You might want to upgrade to an image that's 12.2 or later. Of course, you need to make sure the routers have enough flash/DRAM to support the image you choose.

If you can't upgrade the image for any reason you can still use the router(s) to test most of the routing functionality and features except it mayn't support some of the newer features with the later IOS version.

HTH

Sundar

HI Sundar.Palaniappan,

Can you please let me know the "Best Practises" that can be adopted to learn more in CISCO Technology.

Is it required to purchase CISCO Devices

(or)

Having Live Configurations for all Protocols & Technology is enough to Learn Best.

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Sure its a nice price, but test all devices well.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

Looks to be good!! Make sure all the products which you are getting are in working conditions and you are aware of all passwords to get into the device or else later when you start your lab sessions you have to go through all those password recovery steps.

Also if possible try arranging some switches like 2950 or 3550s as 2900XL are pretty old models and many new commaands may not work as there are lot of additions in CCNA and CCNP papers these days.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

all that answer my question ..

Thank you very mutch, I will pick up the ithems tomoroow... and yes I will make sure that all devices are working + passwords.. I am glad I asked . I know I can count on your answer... :-))))

When I was purchasing my lab I was told to go for 2950 switches rather than the 2924s because the 2950s have more functionality aligned to CCNA and CCNP, though I am not too sure how true that is. What do you guys think?

2501's have 2 serial interfaces. However if your lab kit doesnt come with AUI trancevers you will need them to use the ethernet on the 2501(s). I was looking to buy a lab kit however I took a little different approach, and guys let me know what you think, as I am about to take my CCNA. I bought 3 2501's off ebay, a 1721 with a 1enet wic to use for my home network(router on a stick config, two subnets going to different public IPs), and at the moment im borrowing a friends 2924 and will likely purchase a used 2924 or 2950 soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card