cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

certificate on wlan bridge 1400

wolfgangz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a wlan network with EAP-TLS Authentication. So any clients have a certificate, but some client's in the fabrik have no wlan Adapter,

so i must use a wlan bridge (such as 1400 series). So is it possible to use a certificate on the wlan-bridge, to

have a TLS Tunnel from the bridge ?

regars Wolfgang

3 Replies 3

Hello Wolfgang,

do your wired clients already have a (legacy) e.g. RADIUS server to which they authenticate ?

If not, you will need an authentication server that can 'distinguish between wired and wireless authentication requests for the same user and handle them appropriately. E.g. Interlink Networks’ RAD-Series and Secure.XS servers have the flexibility and power to configure both wireless and wired authentication for the same user groups.

If you already have a legacy e.g. RADIUS server, both the EAP and the RADIUS have to work together, preferably by, as you suggested, a TLS tunnel.

Is that what you are asking ?

Regards,

GP

Hello GP,

No! but thanks for your respond. I user the Cisco ACS radius server for the client authentication (for example laptop with winxp). But clients who didn't have a WLAN Adapter, I still use a wlan bridge (1400). So in an EAP-TLS WLAN environments, i have to use a certificat ! so my question is it possible to import an certificat to the wlan bridge ( such as an win xp client) to have an TLS Tunnel from the wlan bridge to the radius server ?

regards

Hello Wolfgang,

ok, I think you have to add the 1400 bridge as a client to your ACS. Have a look at the example provided in this document (which uses LEAP):

Configuring Cisco LEAP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_technical_reference_chapter09186a0080225228.html#wp1008268

Regards,

GP

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card