Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

certificate on wlan bridge 1400

I have a wlan network with EAP-TLS Authentication. So any clients have a certificate, but some client's in the fabrik have no wlan Adapter,

so i must use a wlan bridge (such as 1400 series). So is it possible to use a certificate on the wlan-bridge, to

have a TLS Tunnel from the bridge ?

regars Wolfgang

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: certificate on wlan bridge 1400

Hello Wolfgang,

do your wired clients already have a (legacy) e.g. RADIUS server to which they authenticate ?

If not, you will need an authentication server that can 'distinguish between wired and wireless authentication requests for the same user and handle them appropriately. E.g. Interlink Networks’ RAD-Series and Secure.XS servers have the flexibility and power to configure both wireless and wired authentication for the same user groups.

If you already have a legacy e.g. RADIUS server, both the EAP and the RADIUS have to work together, preferably by, as you suggested, a TLS tunnel.

Is that what you are asking ?

Regards,

GP

Hello GP,

No! but thanks for your respond. I user the Cisco ACS radius server for the client authentication (for example laptop with winxp). But clients who didn't have a WLAN Adapter, I still use a wlan bridge (1400). So in an EAP-TLS WLAN environments, i have to use a certificat ! so my question is it possible to import an certificat to the wlan bridge ( such as an win xp client) to have an TLS Tunnel from the wlan bridge to the radius server ?

regards

VIP Purple

Hello Wolfgang,

ok, I think you have to add the 1400 bridge as a client to your ACS. Have a look at the example provided in this document (which uses LEAP):

Configuring Cisco LEAP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_technical_reference_chapter09186a0080225228.html#wp1008268

Regards,

GP

Views
Helpful
Replies