Views
Helpful
Replies

Change destination address

slandeira
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I would know: It would be possible to implement in a Catalyst 6500, when a packet reaches with destination IP address 10.2.2.20 is redirected to IP 10.2.2.58 (are servers)
Is that possible making some kind of NAT ?

Regards,

S.

8 Replies 8

Mahesh Gohil
Level 7
Level 7

Hello ,

As much as i know you can change source ip address with NAT, If you want to redirect all traffic to some IP

you can take help from PBR

like you can prepare route-map

ip access-list extended 101

match ip any 10.2.2.20

route-map REDIRECT permit 10

match ip address 101

set ip next-hop 10.2.2.58

Hope this helps

Regards

Mahesh

Dear Mahesh , Don't you think that using the " Match Access List +  Route Map & Set IP Next Hop " Configuration will only Redirect the Traffic to 10.2.2.58 , But at the end the Packet Destination IP Address still contains the old IP Address " 10.2.2.20 " . I think when the Traffic get Matched over the Access List and Redirected by the Route Map , it will be Dropped off when it reaches the Host 10.2.2.58 ...What do you think ??

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Not sure what you want to achieve whether you want an outside host with ip x.x.x to appear as y.y.y.y to the inside?

If so you need to configure outside NAT.

Please take a look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/ip/configuration/guide/1cfipadr.html#wp1042290

Hope it helps, rate if does

Krisztian

No, actually I want to change the data with destination address 10.20.2.34 will be redirected to 10.20.2.45, are two hosts on the same network.

The simplest would be to change the IP of the end host, but the customer does not want.

mlund
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

There is a function called SLB ( server load balancing ) that You can investigate. It might be what You are looking for.

here are 2 links to start with.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_configuration_example09186a0080093de3.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps341/products_tech_note09186a0080134735.shtml?referring_site=bodynav

/Mikael

mohamedtag
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Slandeira ,

Did u reached something with this Change Destination issue ??

Regards

No. We have ruled out this option and we  will change the addresses of the destination machine.

Thank you.

Mathias Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

If I undertand you correctly I think you area looking for something called destination nat.

Something in the line of.

access-list 100 permit ip any host 10.2.2.20

!

ip nat pool DESTNAT 10.2.2.58 102.2.2.58 prefix-length 24  !not sure exactly what mask to use.
!

ip nat inside destination list 100 pool DESTNET

I would have prefered to use a static instead of pool but it appears to have been removed from later versions of IOS.

HTH

Mathias

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card