cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2600 Series

tonapoly97
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, I am new and fresh in using Cisco product. I am about to start Cisco class I need your advice in wish Cisco router is good for me as a fresher to practice on so that i can achieve my CCNA.

Regards,

Tona

4 Replies 4

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Any 800 series should work, but some series limit you to what routing protocols can be used. The 2600 series is good to work with, as well as the 1700 series. Both of these series have been replaced with the 1800 and 2800 series (but these would be much more expensive).

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Thank you John for quick respond. I am thinking of getting 2600 series because i read a document about the series it seems very high performance and come with more security features, but any particular one out of this 2600 series... your suggestion please.

Thanks,

If you're just going to be using it for a lab and studying, and you'll never be putting into a real production environment, you should be able to get by with a 2611. I'm sure you can get those fairly cheap.

You state that they have "very high performance with more security features", but does that really matter in the lab environment? Unless you are setting several of these up and you want to play with IPSec and ACLs, you don't really need high security. :-)

Take a look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/prod_bulletin09186a00800921ea.html

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Thank you, I think i will go for 2611 series its just for practice for my study.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card