Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Cisco 2901,2801 Noob question!

Hi all, we've got a couple of those devices mentioned above. Thye are used for voice. I'm trying to get usage data through snmp, later I'll try to graph it In Dude or Zabbix (not shure, just starting to explore both),I've found following:

ciscooid.png

If I get data for CPU counter it gives me utilization in percents? Same question for Exhaust Fan those "23" mean RPM in % of maximum?

How can I see description for counters?

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cisco 2901,2801 Noob question!

The data above is the internal temp, which is 23 degrees centigrade. ME SNMP viewer is pretty good. For descriptions the best place is probably inside the OID. It's just a text file so you can easily read it. The hard part will be finding the OID that interests you. Here's an example http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&mibName=CISCO-IPSLA-ETHERNET-MIB

When you do an snmpwalk you need to make sure you have the MIB installed in your application. Try and do a MIB-II walk and makre sure SNMP is working correctly. Then try another MIB.

3 REPLIES

Re:Cisco 2901,2801 Noob question!

You can view the descriptions by searching for the oid, name or number here
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&substep=2&translate=Translate&tree=NO

Yes to CPU utilization and fan speed is rpm.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Community Member

Hi Collin! Thanks a lot for your answer, please help me some more!

I've used your link and found following:

Everything is beautiful, except one thing, Cisco 2901 really has a fan with 23 RPM?

What I've tried to use:

1. Manage engine MIB Browser - it's free, based on java, supports cisco MIBs like "*entity sensor" or "*health monitor". This can show oid-value description, has a fine simple GUI for a newbie, but I couldn't figure out data type and field that could point to counters I'm interested in.

2.I Used "The DUDE" from Mikrotik and found nothing.

3.Snmpwalk.

Please, guide me where can I find descriptions for data stored in OIDs (like RPM,CPU Utilization or something). So when I find new(for me) OID, like

".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3.1.3.2 = Gauge32: 23" and see only ".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3.1.2.2 = STRING: "Exhaust Fan""

I could check out somewhere and see that description for this OID is something like "Exhaust Fan speed in%, or maybe in RPM".

P.S. Hope it's not something unsupported by vendor.

The data above is the internal temp, which is 23 degrees centigrade. ME SNMP viewer is pretty good. For descriptions the best place is probably inside the OID. It's just a text file so you can easily read it. The hard part will be finding the OID that interests you. Here's an example http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&mibName=CISCO-IPSLA-ETHERNET-MIB

When you do an snmpwalk you need to make sure you have the MIB installed in your application. Try and do a MIB-II walk and makre sure SNMP is working correctly. Then try another MIB.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content