cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 3750 switches IOS

HUGH LANCASTER
Level 1
Level 1

I want to upgraded my Cisco 3750 switches. The  current IOS is flash:c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5/c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin

What is the latest IOS version I can use for these switches?  This versions is the latest on the cisco download site. Is is ok to upgrade to this version or do I do I need to upgrade starting with a lower version progressing upward??? Thanks

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Regardless if you have 16 or 32 mb flash storage, use IOS version 12.2(55)SE9 for 3750-series family of switches.

Hi Leo,

We just bought 3 x new 3750x-48Ps to replace our old stack 3x 3750-48s.

What is the best way to migrate the 3 x old stacks ( consist of 2 x 48 ports + 1 x  24ports) to

a new stack of 3 x 48 ports switches.

Much appreciated

Thanks

Peter

This is what I would normally do if I need to replace a stack member and, as much as possible, LESS configuration.  

In your case, let us say I've got three switches in a stack.  The replacement switches are running the same IOS as the current switches.   Switch #1 is the stack master.

1.   Remove the configuration of stack #3 and add the new switch as stack member 3.  

config t
no switch 3 provisioning [BLAH]
switch 3 provisioning [BLAH]
end

2.  Power down existing switch #3 and remove both stacking cable from switch #3.  

3.  DO NOT POWER UP the new switch. 

4.  Cable up the new switch #3. 

NOTE:  Somewhere here, you can pre-configure the ports to the new switch #3. 

5.  Power up the new switch #3 and observe the stack joining process.

If everything goes well, repeat the process from 1 to 5 for Switch #2 and Switch #1.  

Hi Leo,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

However since the 3 switches are in the production and the rack are quite full and have 

an hour windows to replace them.

I was thinking of doing a TFTP config of the old stack and upload the config to the new 

stack setup in the test bench and when the time come shutdown & unmounted the old stack and replaced with the new ones.

Would this approach work ?

Please advise

Thanks

Peter

Yes.  This would work and you'll need to build the new stack off-line.

But this will work.

The stacks are a bit different.

old one : 24 ports Master  + 48 + 48 ports

new one : 48 ports master + 48  + 48 ports

when i do tftp old config to the new stack , only the first 24 ports config come across ie a bit odd .

have to manually copy the rest of 2 x 48 ports config across!!!

Cheers,peter

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Hugh,

This one is updated as the latest IOS in Cisco Site

c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE9.bin - Release Date 18th March 2014. DRAM/Flash: 128/16

Regards

Karthik

Thanks!

HUGH LANCASTER
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for clarifying. I upgraded to c3750-ipbaselmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card