cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 871 with loopback adapters.

duda
Level 1
Level 1

I have noticed that when using an 871 router there is an inability to remotely manage the device unless there is an actual pc plugged into the LAN side with causes the tunnel to come up. I have switched from using VLAN1 and configured a loopback interface which solves the problem of not being able to remotely manage the device. The issue I am running into now is that the router will not issue dhcp out to any devices because it not associating the LAN side with the loopback interface. Just wondering if anyone has run into this or is running any of their devices in this mode.

2 Replies 2

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

You can try to add the "ip helper-address x.x.x.x" at the LAN interface where x.x.x.x is the DHCP server address. Please advise more on the DHCP connection to this router if it does not work.

Hope this helps.

I am running the DHCP pool on the router. I tried the command you suggested and applied it to the vlan1 interface. I was able to grab an ip address 1 time but when i tried to release/renew it is not able to find the DHCP server. I tried to run debug on the DHCP activity but did not get any feedback on that end. Any other suggestions.

Thanks

JD

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco