cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5510

kdnash0401
Level 1
Level 1

I'm rolling out an ASA 5510, and I'm having some problems.

For reference, here's a diagram of what I'm trying to do:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8893/seattlesucksco2.jpg

All of the trusted networks 10.* have nat-exeption rules between eachother. 10.1.1.* and 10.1.10.* are using Pat on the external interface using the interface IP. They are able to access hosts on the internet without any problems.

My problem is that when I try to do a one-to-one nat from say 10.1.1.5 to an outside, public IP, it doesnt work. What's interesting, however, is that I can plug a laptop into the outside interface, with an address in the range of that outside interface, and it can access the 10.1.1.5 host on the natted IP of 12.*.*.15.

What's complicating the issue is that I also have the old Watchguard Firebox in place. The firebox and the ASA are sharing a dumb switch that is uplinked to our ISP-managed router. Still, I have tried disconnecting this completely with no luck, and am also able to connect via VPN to the outside interface on the ASA without any problem...

Any idea what might be going wrong here? I'll upload my config shortly...

1 Reply 1

glynnd
Level 1
Level 1

what do you meantha the one-to-one nat "doesn't work" because in the next statement you say that it does work. Got the config?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: