Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Cisco Support Community site will be in read only mode on Dec14, 2017 from 12:01am PST to 11:30am for standard maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cisco Newb -- Sinking Ship needs Assistance

I'm new to Cisco Equipment, so please bear with me as I seriously belittle myself in efforts to understand what the heck to do first.

I called Cisco Pre-Sales and described to them what I wanted to accomplish.

1. I have a t-1 comming into a building.

2. I have 5 static IP addresses

3. I want to break out 1 IP address and have it hand out DHCP addresses to individual office spaces. Each office on a segregated network (different subnet) so each office space cannot see the other office spaces network.

4. When needed i want to assign/route one of the other static IP addresses to yet another office space as they need a public static ip address for what ever reason.

I was told by cisco that I needed:

CISCO2811 2811 w/ AC PWR,2FE,4HWICs,2PVDMs,1NME,2AIMS,IP BASE,64F/256D

S28NAISK9-12409T Cisco 2800 ADVANCED IP SERVICES

VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 2-Port 2nd Gen Multiflex Trunk Voice/WAN Int. Card - T1/E1

CAB-AC Power Cord,110V

PWR-2811-AC Cisco 2811 AC power supply

ROUTER-SDM Device manager for routers

MEM2800-256D-INC 256MB DDR DRAM Memory factory default for the Cisco 2800

MEM2800-64CF-INC 64MB CF default for Cisco 2800 Series

SW-CCME-4.0.0 CallManager Express 4.0-12.4(9)T Phantom SKU

And they also recommended i get:

Cisco Catalyst 2960 Gigabit switch.

So low and behold i go online to my trusted CDW and order all the stuff, it arrives, and I unpack and rack it up.

Now I am no genius, and not dumb as a box of rocks but surely closer to the latter.

What I need to do:

1. Load the Advanced IP Services Image to the Router. I have the Cisco CD with both c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-6.T3 and c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-7b images. which one to use and how to update the router with them I have no clue.

2. I need to properly configure my VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 2-Port 2nd Gen Multiflex Trunk Voice/WAN Int. Card - T1/E1

so I can connect the crossover cable to the service providers router that is in Bypass-mode.

3. I need to properly link up the Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch so I can get this network up and running.

I'm not rich by any means, and i understand a lot of the forum posters and readers do this for a living. I am in the Largo, FL area and can follow detailed instructions very well. If anyone is in my area and willing to help i may be able to scrape together some funds as a gesture of gratitude.

please e-mail gmaier@tampabay.rr.com if intrested.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Cisco Newb -- Sinking Ship needs Assistance

check out the following link for Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers Install and Upgrade Guides, hope this helps :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/prod_installation_guides_list.html

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Cisco Newb -- Sinking Ship needs Assistance

check out the following link for Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers Install and Upgrade Guides, hope this helps :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/prod_installation_guides_list.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content