I'm new to Cisco Equipment, so please bear with me as I seriously belittle myself in efforts to understand what the heck to do first.
I called Cisco Pre-Sales and described to them what I wanted to accomplish.
1. I have a t-1 comming into a building.
2. I have 5 static IP addresses
3. I want to break out 1 IP address and have it hand out DHCP addresses to individual office spaces. Each office on a segregated network (different subnet) so each office space cannot see the other office spaces network.
4. When needed i want to assign/route one of the other static IP addresses to yet another office space as they need a public static ip address for what ever reason.
I was told by cisco that I needed:
CISCO2811 2811 w/ AC PWR,2FE,4HWICs,2PVDMs,1NME,2AIMS,IP BASE,64F/256D
So low and behold i go online to my trusted CDW and order all the stuff, it arrives, and I unpack and rack it up.
Now I am no genius, and not dumb as a box of rocks but surely closer to the latter.
What I need to do:
1. Load the Advanced IP Services Image to the Router. I have the Cisco CD with both c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-6.T3 and c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-7b images. which one to use and how to update the router with them I have no clue.
2. I need to properly configure my VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 2-Port 2nd Gen Multiflex Trunk Voice/WAN Int. Card - T1/E1
so I can connect the crossover cable to the service providers router that is in Bypass-mode.
3. I need to properly link up the Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch so I can get this network up and running.
I'm not rich by any means, and i understand a lot of the forum posters and readers do this for a living. I am in the Largo, FL area and can follow detailed instructions very well. If anyone is in my area and willing to help i may be able to scrape together some funds as a gesture of gratitude.
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3.
16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted
towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are
looking for early feedback from customers befor...
Introduction Featured Speakers Luis Espejel is the Telecommunications
Manager of IENova, an Oil & Gas company. Currently he works with Cisco
IOS® and Cisco IOS XE platforms, and NX to some extent. He has also
worked as a Senior Engineer with the Routing P...
In this session you can learn more about Layer 3 multicast and the best
practices to identify possible threats and take security measures. It
provides an overview of basic multicast, the best security practices for
use of this technology, and recommendati...