Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring protected ports

When I need to change protected mode in true after switchport I don't see syntax of this command ? 

Switch(config-if)#switchport ?
  access         Set access mode characteristics of the interface
  mode           Set trunking mode of the interface
  native         Set trunking native characteristics when interface is in
                 trunking mode
  nonegotiate    Device will not engage in negotiation protocol on this
                 interface
  port-security   Security related command
  priority       Set appliance 802.1p priority
  trunk          Set trunking characteristics of the interface
  voice          Voice appliance attributes
Switch(config-if)#switchport 

9 Replies 9

luckymike33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi gogomilky,

What is the output of show ver on this switch, I think it may be the IOS version that is the problem, not your command.

Best wishes

Mike

As mentioned by Luckymike33, it would be helpful to know which IOS version your switch is running.

Hi gogo,

Pl let us know switch  model and IOS version.

CSA...

details of ROM IOS: 

ROM: C2960 Boot Loader (C2960-HBOOT-M) Version 12.2(25r)FX, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)

Switch   Ports  Model              SW Version              SW Image
------   -----  -----              ----------              ----------
*    1   26     WS-C2960-24TT      12.2                    C2960-LANBASE-M

Gogomilky,

Allow me to correct you. That's not the IOS version.

When you do a "show version", look for the line where it says: "System image file is "flash:/...."

Wass, 

You are wrong, SW IOS version is 12.2 and *.bin extension is only file which hold IOS. The full name of flash is: flash:/c2960-lanbase-mz.122-25.FX.bin

From full path of bin file how can you conclude on which the version of IOS works ???

hi,

i don't think it's supported on the 2960. although it says 12.2(25)FX and later supports PVLAN edge but i believe that might be an inconsistency on some cisco docs.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/10584-63.html

i also don't see it on cisco's feature navigator (cisco.com/go/fn). if you click on 'Private VLAN - Edge' it shows you 1800 platform (not sure why). see attached.

still can't do copy/paste thing using the new CSC format. not sure why they've removed it.

Gogomilky,

Maybe I was wrong as you said :) But what I know is, in order to show the IOS version being used, a quick way is to do a "show version" and look for the full name of the IOS

To support my answer, check this link

Also I had PT 6.0 and pipe "|" don't function on either IOS version 12.XXXX and 15.XXXXXX (Version 15.1(4)M5)

Why ? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card