cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring TFTP server on a PCMCIA

croberts2
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know if it is possible to configure a PCMCIA card as a TFTP server and how to do so. We have a need to put large call routing files near our gatekeepers and do not have any servers or PC's close. We were wondering if it is possible to put a TFTP server (somehow) onto a PCMCIA card in a router.

Thank you

6 Replies 6

bstremp
Level 2
Level 2

You’ll need an external TFTP server. There is no internal server or PCMCIA version.

bsivasub
Level 4
Level 4

You can configure the router to be a TFTP server and most likely be able to serve from PCMCIA card.

this URL shows you an example

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/109/all_in_one_config.shtml#tftp

Balaji,

I think this link is broken.

Josef.

oz
Level 1
Level 1

this is how you can configure a router to be TFTP server.

But I don't understand what the problem is..

If you can telnet to the router you can TFTP IOS and configs ???

Oz

Copying From One Router to Another

To do this, you need to activate the Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) server on the router that has the Cisco IOS® Software image that you want to copy.

Use the tftp-server [device]:[filename] command in global configuration mode as follows:

Router#show flash

System flash directory:

File Length Name/status

1 11173264 c2500-jos56i-l.120-9.bin

[11173328 bytes used, 5603888 available, 16777216 total]

16384K bytes of processor board System flash (Read ONLY)

Router#configure terminal

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

Router(config)#tf

Router(config)#tftp-server ?

flash: Allow URL file TFTP load requests

flh: Allow URL file TFTP load requests

lex: Allow URL file TFTP load requests

null: Allow URL file TFTP load requests

nvram: Allow URL file TFTP load requests

system: Allow URL file TFTP load requests

Router(config)#tftp-server

Router(config)#tftp-server flash:?

flash:c2500-jos56i-l.120-9.bin

Router(config)#tftp-server flash:c2500-jos56i-l.120-9.bin

Router(config)#^Z

Router#

Once the tftp-server is configured, you can download the specified image from the router using the copy tftp flash command, as if it were a classic TFTP server.

Note: The IP address of your TFTP server is the address of the router on which you configured the tftp-server command.

Hello

This is working fine, but if I want to upload any file, I receive message, that I have no sufficient rigts to write. Should I do anything more? I've tried this config on Cisco 7304. I can download any file from such device, but I can not upload.

Hello

This is working fine, but if I want to upload any file, I receive message, that I have no sufficient rigts to write. Should I do anything more? I've tried this config on Cisco 7304. I can download any file from such device, but I can not upload.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: