Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

copying start to TFTP-3122 bytes, sh run 4487 bytes

Hi,

Copying start to TFTP server shows 3122 bytes copied over, however a sh run provides an output of 4487 bytes. Is the discrepancy between the above memory volumes normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: copying start to TFTP-3122 bytes, sh run 4487 bytes

Said

I have checked on a couple of routers and they copy the same length when copying start or copying running. It looks to me as if changes were made in running-config that are not saved to startup-config.

HTH

Rick

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Said

I have checked on a couple of routers and they copy the same length when copying start or copying running. It looks to me as if changes were made in running-config that are not saved to startup-config.

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick. I "copied TFTP to start", then a "sh run" showed same discrepancy in memory volume. We are using a 2821 router with full firewall features. I wonder if some attributes of the firewall do not copy to TFTP.

Said

Bronze

Do you happen to have remarks in your configuration?

Have you done a simple "wr" recently to make sure run and start are the exact copy?

Yes, I have description of the circuit.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies