Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

debug command adsl traffic

cisco 2651XM router

IOS:  c2600-ipvoicek9-mz.124-15.T7.bin

wic1-adsl card fitted

which debug command will give me detailed info about traffic through the adsl connection? Specifically I want to see originating ip and destination ip of internet traffic (much like a wireshark readout)

I tried debug atm events and debug atm packet but these didn't contain the info I was after. Thanks for any pointers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: debug command adsl traffic

Hi,

I've tried debug ppp packet on one of our ADSL router and you're right, there's no output even with term mon enabled.

Try "debug ip packet" this time. I hope this is what you're looking for.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

8 REPLIES

Hi,

Try using "debug ppp packet" command.

thanks for your response john however 'debug ppp packet' didn't give me any info at all, just an empty log.

Are you doing a debug via console or Telnet?

I'm doing it via telnet but I'm sending the debug output to a syslog program (tftp32) that catches and displays the log live as it happens. I know it's working because if I run 'debug atm events' I get plenty of action in the syslog window. Same with 'debug atm packet'.  But with 'debug ppp packet' I get nothing.

Are you running PPPoA or PPPoE?

Could you do a terminal monitor from privileged exec and see if it displays the said debug output on the router?

my router config doesn't specify anywhere which PPPo I'm using. All it says under Dialer0 is encapsulation ppp. I did the terminal from the console port using privlelged exec but it displays nothing when using 'debug ppp packet'.

ps: hold on, if I do

#show int dialer0

Dialer0 is up, line protocol is up (spoofing)

10345847 packets input, 229783612 bytes

7537931 packets output, 2120477085 bytes

Bound to:

Virtual-Access2 is up, line protocol is up

PPPoATM vaccess, cloned from Dialer0

does this mean I'm using PPPoA?

Hi,

I've tried debug ppp packet on one of our ADSL router and you're right, there's no output even with term mon enabled.

Try "debug ip packet" this time. I hope this is what you're looking for.

yes debug ip packet seems to be v close to what I was looking for. Thanks for your help John.

Views
Helpful
Replies