Views
Helpful
Replies

delete a file from disk0

marypoppins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sorry, I can't find the right thread. I would like to delete a file from an asa 5505.

I'm confused because I run the following:

delete disk0:/running-config.110401-0946

It says:

Delete filename [running-config.110401-0946]?

I hit y(es)

Then it says:

Delete disk0:y? [confirm]

And I think it want to delete the whole disk0 and hit no...

Does asa realy delete the whole flash if I hit yes?

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

if you enter yes  first then it changes the name of the file to y then it asks do you want to delete disk0:/ y so the file y on disk0:

So don't enter yes first then hit enter second time and it will remove your file not the entire disk0:

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

if you enter yes  first then it changes the name of the file to y then it asks do you want to delete disk0:/ y so the file y on disk0:

So don't enter yes first then hit enter second time and it will remove your file not the entire disk0:

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

You are right! Thank you very much!

gustavo-suarez
Level 1
Level 1

I believe that by now there are many that know how to delete a file from disk0:/ on your ASAs 55xx series. This information can be found from the link below, page 43-2...

Removing Files from Flash Memory
To delete a file in the disk partition from Flash memory, enter the following command:
hostname#delete flash:filename
By default, the file is deleted from the current working directory if you do not specify a path. You may use wildcards when deleting files. You are prompted with the filename to delete, and then you must confirm the deletion.
Example:
hostname# delete flash:asdm-7221.bin
Delete filename [asdm-7221.bin]?
Delete disk0:/asdm-7221.bin? [confirm]
hostname#
"Managing Software and Configurations"

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/conf_gd/mswlicfg.pdf

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card