Views
Helpful
Replies

Designing Campus Network

sreekanth sarma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am working to design and implement new data center infrastructure The main aim of the users is to go to internet and i want it to be using via 3 proxy server and dhcp is to be implemented . The network infrastructure will have two core switches 6509, several 4500 series as distribution switches and 2960 switches where the users will be connected. 4500 switch will be connected to both core switches 6509 via fibre. I want several Vlans at Access layers and intervlan routing to be implemented at the distribution layer so that there will be no broad cast traffic at core layer and all the servers are to be at core layer

i want any configuration examples in this regard so that it would be helpful for me

5 Replies 5

I wouldn't connect the servers to the Core, put in a separate Server access layer. Otherwise you will end up with what you are trying to remove - i.e. VLANs & STP in the Core.

Your best source of information is the SRND site:

http://www.cisco.com/go/srnd

There are several Campus design guides to have a read through, however it's all there.

HTH

Andy

thanks andrew for that it

andrew i didnt find some thing which deals with my design here i dont have l3 switches at may campus

help me

how many servers do u have, if it's a really large server farm, u might have to buy infrastructure, if the count is low then u can manage then with l2 switches or even directly connect them to the core switch itself, doesn't matter.

sreekanth,

The 6509 ARE layer 3 switches.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card