cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP VLAN and Catalyst 4500

rhowell
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a Catalyst 4510(R) with a Supervirsor Engine: WS-X4516, IOS version 12.2(18)EW2. According to the Cisco Doc: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120t/120t1/easyip2.pdf The DHCP Server is not supported on my Switch. But I am able to configure the database parameters. Where can I verify the real answer?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

It's is a good point- ultimately nothing beats field experience.

However, a note of caution here: Not getting an IP address does not necessarily imply that documentations are correct, it could also be due to a configuration or some other type of error.

Regards,

Pradeep

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pmajumder
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Check the following Cisco Feature Navigator site http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp. You can serch using various criteria, and it will show you all the features supported for your IOS release and feature set.

Regards

Pradeep

It is helpful to use tools like the Feature Navigator and to read release notes for the particular version of the code being used and to read other documentation on the Cisco site. But I believe that if you really want to verify the real answer what you should do is to configure the DHCP parameters and connect a PC that is configured to use DHCP. If it gets an address then the documentation and Feature Navigator need to be updated. If the PC does not get an address then it looks like the documentation was correct.

I believe that ultimately there is nothing better to help understand what works than getting gear into the field and see what it really does for various features.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for the info. The switch is a live environment. I do not want to make changes that would cause problems. But that was my first thought.

Hi,

It's is a good point- ultimately nothing beats field experience.

However, a note of caution here: Not getting an IP address does not necessarily imply that documentations are correct, it could also be due to a configuration or some other type of error.

Regards,

Pradeep

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card