cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dropping Packets?

molliesauers
Level 1
Level 1

We are having a problem with a couple of pieces of equipment on our network not responding to ping and/or dropping it's connection to the server. All this started just after we installed our PIX 501, so i suspect it may be dropping packets from the INSIDE clients, can somebody review this config report and tell me if there are any settings that may hinder normal internal LAN traffic? Also, I set it up so PING should work/route through the PIX and back, but that doesn't seem to be working either.

PLEASE HELP!

2 Replies 2

jsjerkins
Level 1
Level 1

It might be a nat problem but not to sure, try setting some deny statements in you ACL for nat to keep the source address from being changed and do some pings from behind the firewall. I know this is a problem in site to site VPN's allot of the time so maybe you will get lucky. access-list inside_outbound_nat0_acl deny ip a.b.c.d~~~>(source or host you are pinging from) this is assuming that all traffic is hitting the pix first.

Well, i've narrowed down the problem to the PIX, i'm reviewing the ACL per your suggestion. I'll let you know what I find.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card