cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DST summertime for the CAToSes

axfalk
Level 1
Level 1

We r configuring the new summertime on the CAToSes and the summertime setting is disable by the default. Do we need to enable it when we r configuring the summertime command or leave it disable?

thanks

7 Replies 7

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Greg

Perhaps there is part of your question that I am not understanding very well, but it seems obvious to me that if the summertime is disabled by default, that you would certainly have to enable it to configure the new daylight savings time dates.

If I have missed something perhaps you can clarify.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

How do you enable summertime? I have asked help (?) on user, enhanced and config t mode but nothing shows up as far as summertime.

For IOS:

Router(config)# clock summer-time CDT recurring

For CatOS:

set summertime enable CDT

set summertime recurring

The summer-time command tells the router to refer to Daylight Saving Time as Central Daylight Time (CDT), which will automatically occur according to predefined dates and times on the router. (You can use the same command to manually set the date and time for Daylight Saving Time.) The recurring option tells the router to use the accepted U.S. Daylight Saving Time rules for the annual time changes in April and October. Since for 2007 Congress has changed those dates, many devices will be off for the three weeks after DST begins and for three weeks before DST ends.

HTH

Steve

Thanks a bunch Steve, I check out the commands and they are indeed there. I also know now how to use them to make it work. Again, Thanks and have a great day.

Steve,

What is the fix for this 2007 change. I am running IOS 12.3(6a) on a 3640 router.

Thanks

You can search Cisco's IOS download site for appropriate code for your device(s) (read the release notes to see what version fixes the issue) or turn off the auto DST feature and manually adjust your time on the new DST start/end dates.

HTH

Steve

bjw
Level 4
Level 4

If your boxes don't have the updated CatOS you can manually enter it.

set summertime recurring second Sunday March 02:00 first Sunday November 02:00 60

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card