Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Filtering for ?

I am trying to filter the command "show ip bgp" to include only routes learned through redistribution so I have tried to filter based on routes that contain a path of ?. My question is: how do you filter for the question mark without it displaying a help command? Is there a wildcard that will ignore the ? as a help indicator and interpret it as text?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: Filtering for ?

vancamt76 wrote:

I am trying to filter the command "show ip bgp" to include only routes learned through redistribution so I have tried to filter based on routes that contain a path of ?. My question is: how do you filter for the question mark without it displaying a help command? Is there a wildcard that will ignore the ? as a help indicator and interpret it as text?

It's a number of keystrokes ie. "sh ip bgp | include" followed by

1) a backslash (to make the ? literal text)

2) ctrl-v ie. the control key + the v key pressed at the same time

3) then the question mark

Jon

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Hello,

It may be possible with the regexp or quote-regexp options available with 'show ip bgp'

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/iproute/command/reference/ip2_s2g.html#wp1091981

VR

Hall of Fame Super Blue

vancamt76 wrote:

It's a number of keystrokes ie. "sh ip bgp | include" followed by

1) a backslash (to make the ? literal text)

2) ctrl-v ie. the control key + the v key pressed at the same time

3) then the question mark

Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content