Views
Helpful
Replies

Flash departition

laurentElens
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to departition my flash mem to be able to upgrade one router (2523=> the router run from flash) to a IOS heavier than just one partition (for now in 11.1 IOS). I guess I could with the "partition flash" command but it ask to erase my flash first. I am afraid if I do so not to have access to the command anymore. Did someone ever tried this or know how to proceed?

Many thanks!

2 Replies 2

Hello,

you will need to erase the contents of the Flash memory partition except the one currently in use. When you type 'erase flash' you will get a listing of all the partitions, the one in use is marked as 'Read ONLY', and this is the one you should NOT erase. Once you have erased the partition(s) not in use, do a 'show flash' to verify that all partitions except the one in use are indeed empty, and then use the command 'partition flash 1' to create a single partition.

Check the link below for a step by step procedure:

RFF Platforms (Cisco 1600 Series, 2500 Series, CPA1600 Series, CPA2500 Series) with Partitioned Flash Memory

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios112/fp112rn/25_112rn.htm#xtocid9

HTH,

GP

That solved the issue perfectly.

Thanks a lot.

Laurent.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card