cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTP Issue on Cisco 877

denisoregan
Level 1
Level 1

I've configured my Router but I'm not able to get FTP working. I've NAT setup to IP address of FTP Server for port 20 & 21. Do I need to do more to get FTP working on Router?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

on web browser

tools-internet options- advanced tab- uncheck passive FTP box

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

bretjaquish
Level 3
Level 3

Paste in your config...

Please see attached.

Is any traffic working to 213.94.226.58?

Hi, I think I need to put in a ACL forwarding or allowing ftp traffic. Not what Rules are required.

My FTP server is a windows sbs 2003

I bet the problem is with high port numbers. Add this to your CBAC inspect list:

ip inspect name SDM_HIGH ftp

I don't think this is the issue as I've not set the firewall to low so the config now has the line ... ip inspect name SDM_LOW ftp

I know its obvious but is the FTP Server up and running and can you connect to it from inside your network.?

Denis,

Is your ftp server running with passive mode? If so, You may need a static NAT to accomplish this. Because the server will tell you to randomly use a range of udp ports(1024-65535) to send data. It's not easy to define NAT statement including udp ports.

HTH,

Toshi

The FTP Server is running as I'm able to access the FTP Server from inside the Network.

I have nat in place

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.10.10 20 xxx.xxx.xxx.58 20 extendable

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.10.10 21 xxx.xxx.xxx.58 21 extendable

I believe IIS uses Active FTP by default.

Denis,

what's the exact error you got? Did you pass the authentication process? Can you send/receive any data to/from the server?

Toshi

on web browser

tools-internet options- advanced tab- uncheck passive FTP box

This is the answer but it came a day late as I had to pay 75euro for the answer.

There was I thinking it was a cisco problem but it was an IE issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: